Saturday 30 July 2016

HAPPY 35TH BIRTHDAY, 'RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK'! (UK RELEASE)


I'd heard on the grapevine that George Lucas and Steven Spielberg were teaming up to make a film together back in 1980, but I had no idea what Raiders of the Lost Ark was ultimately about and what Harrison Ford was going to look and be like in the film until much nearer the time of its release in the UK. I didn't even see an early teaser trailer for it at the cinema- just one of those days when it didn't play when I was going to see something. This issue (37) of the original STARBURST magazine and its superb cover of Indy on the Well of Souls statue (which I haven't really seen published anywhere since), as well as its early, very positive accompanying review, was my vital key into the world of Indiana Jones, and the incredible action/adventure ahead. I literally was bought this magazine by my eyes-alert Dad the afternoon we were going to see Raiders at a late night special advance screening at London's Streatham ABC cinema - and what a great time that was!


No comments: