Tuesday 6 October 2015

THE 'SITH' AT TEN: SCOURGE OF THE SEPARATISTS!


The cowardly Jedi killer General Grievous makes for an intriguing and villainous cover star to a 2005 issue of the French LUCASFILM magazine.


“I was involved in the sound processing of Grievous’ voice, which we had to do before we even picked an actor. So myself and Chris Scarabosio were asked to come up with a process. Rick McCallum put out a casting package in L.A., Sydney, and London, and we were asked to apply the process to each candidate’s audition, which involved pitch and ring modulation.

So I had been processing theses voices involving the same scene-the one on the bridge with Anakin, Obi-Wan and R2-and Chris encouraged me to give it a shot myself. After I did one, I used an anonymous name and sent it with the rest of the auditions. George picked it.  I knew George would hear it (the accent) so I wanted it to be good. I had done some voice work at ACT, and I had just spent some time on vacation going to Prague and also Moscow and St. Petersburg, I liked that accent. George also mentioned when he was talking about the character that (he) was slightly vampiric, so I kind of went for that. There’s some Bela Lugosi in (there for good measure).

MATTHEW WOOD - ONLINE HYPERSPACE INTERVIEW (2006)


No comments: